Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Glass of Merlot and a Piece of Mind

As the long stem grips the cup that rests a top and secures the liquid that calms; I long for you...Why? Not sure, but my heart can not escape you; and no matter how bad I want to, I can not release you. Can not revert to the person I used to be. Can only be this woman that never relinquishes the hope of a future consumed with bliss, and you. You can not deny me either. Why allow me to linger after such torture? Maybe that is a bit extreme, but if I were you and I had no love or hope for anything...we would be non-existent. You would be a memory and I would try hard to loose it. And even in this instance, I crave every inch of you. Worlds apart but my soul longs to be in your presence and I desire to stand near you, stare in your eyes, kiss and caress you. Do you miss me? Do you miss us? I need you to. I need you to realize and accept this love as I do. It's inevitable... I got the glass but now I need my mind at ease. Only you can bring me the peace that can bring me to my knees...in awe of a happy ending. In love with the presence's contentment. And in this hour, I fear that I have yet to realize, that you are content in the not and I am frustrated with losing. Am I not good enough to win? Not even Merlot can bring peace to this end. So much for happy endings....

No comments:

Post a Comment