Translate

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Unexpected

You remind me of that song I had not heard in years
Bring back smiles
And laughs that lighten my heart to tears

You
So unexpectedly sought the introduction
And after intention emerged
And sincerity was made clear
I was enticed

More and more
I craved you
Secretly longed for more contact
Wanting your interest to match mine

Even now
The irony intrigues me
No physical contact
But the desire does not fade
Intensity is great
And I cant wait for the first date

Even more now
You turned out to be
The one that showers me with peace
Brought by the presence of true adoration
And loyalty

I hope nothing will change
Always as new to us as school was to you
Before the grades turned to numbers

No amount of miles will diminish
The way my soul breathes you in
Harmony
The way we gel
I am so open to you

And we
Now only in the beginning stages
But these are moments
To fill time capsules
Because even if "Friend" is as far as we get
Your footprint leaves a stamp on my life
I will never forget

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely loved this poem specially the last 6 verses.

    ReplyDelete