Translate

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Contradiction

I met a man and I thought that he was something short of perfect, but he was a perfect asshole.  I let my love blind me...it muffled my ability to think clearly about his intention.  Although he was a perfect gentlemen and he loved me for the time being, he never knew how to respect me.  He never understood that respect was so very critical to relational success.  He thought I would lie to him, but he would lie to me.  He felt that it was ok to love me today and fuck her tomorrow, but he loved me and "respected me".  Do you see the contradiction?

Kept me
Fighting the urge to walk away
But my heart was clearer than my mind
It outweighed my ability to see
I couldn't accept that love passed me by
I wanted you more
Than anything and I couldn't help
Loving you in spite of
The contradiction
Lack of respect
I missed your presence
The man I fell in love with
The heart I saw in your eyes
The soul I bathe with
I couldn't understand why
You played on my emotion
For your own selfish reasons
Neglected my passion
Accepted my lust
And pushed away my heart
Saw the tears and you ran
But you felt love
The contradiction

No comments:

Post a Comment