Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Contagious....

You are contagious...and every time I hear your name I catch it. This was suppose to be a poem but the words just fell into the space; granted, for me to develop this post. Bottom line....I can not help it. I want to never be rid of you...want no medicine to cure this disease, of love. It's so impure, that is why I am sick and I can't rid myself of it....well I wanted the poetry so lets rearrange the lines a bit:

Like the swine flu
Your catchy
Powerful
Unhealthy

You wear out my immune system
Like pneumonia
I can't fight you
Don't want to
Need you to find the cure
The antidote
I am sure you have it
Just don't want me to nab it

You like this
You love the power
Continuous strokes of your male ego
And I
Can't argue
It's huge
If I could rid myself of you
I am not sure I would

Love is an addiction...and whenever it's near I can not wait to embrace it...it's contagious. You know it. You feel it, with each stare, each embrace, each day you get to wake up to that person it reignites...I hope you are aware of it. Allow it to invade you. You can not die from it, unless you allow it to blind you. And I am not condoning violence. That isn't love; it is hate at a great cost.

All I ask is that you face truth...and all though his/her truth may not be yours presently, love will prevail eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment